Are you tired of having to spend loads of money at the Salon? Convenience and Economy are one of the main reasons for buying a hooded hair dryer for home use.
There are some factors to consider before choosing a model of hooded home hairdryer. In the article Bonnet vs. Hooded dryers, we noted that sometimes the words bonnet and hood are used interchangeably.
However, this article will focus on some hood dryers that are common for home use.
What to consider before purchasing a home hooded hairdryer?
Doesn’t take up much space
- Space savers are always a plus if you live in an apartment or a dorm room.
- Stand up hair dryers take up corner space and don’t easily fit in the closet.
- Tabletop hairdryers and soft bonnets are easy to store out of sight, for a more beautiful and tidy home.
- Of course the heavier duty the materials, the longer the hooded home hairdryer will last. Most of the tabletop hairdryers and made with cheaper plastic than the more professional salon-style rolling dryers.
- Tabletop Hoods tend to fall on your head because the height adjustment notch is not sturdy.
- The two best types of dryers for mobility are:
- The rolling standup dryer, these can be used with any seating
- Also, the other is the soft bonnet, particularly the self-contained version.
- One common issue with tabletop dryers is they are not heavy enough in the back and tend to topple over easily.
- #1 least expensive hood dryer to use at home is a soft bonnet dryer attachment.
Soft Bonnet options
- 3.8 pounds
- 800 watts
- Emits negative ions to reduce frizz.
- Adjustable Soft Bonnet Accommodates a Set of Jumbo Rollers
- 3 Heats / Speeds Provide Drying and Styling Flexibility
- Cool Setting Releases Cool Air to Help Set the Style
- Flexible Hose for Easy Mobility
- Compact and Convenient Storage Case Holds Entire Unit, Including Power Cord
The replacement for Laila Ali LADR5604 Laila Ali hair tools was manufactured initially by Helen of Troy. Helen of Troy brands includes Revlon, Hot Tools, Bed Head, Pro Beauty Tools, and Gold n’ Hot.
- Large Bonnet to accommodate most Rollers
- 40 inches hose for mobility
- Adjustable Drawstring and Chin strap to ensure the cap stays In Place during Drying Session
- strategically place holes for Even airflow and distribution
- Hold grip and stretchable hose collar to fit most standard size handheld dryer
- Storage Bag included for storage or travel
Hard Bonnet hoods for home use
- Power: 1300W / 110V
- Hood Diameter:11″
- The freestanding hair dryer is a good hair-styling tool for coloring, hot-perm, conditioning and hair-drying, hair-treatment, and spot-caring.
- Swivel hood with hinged door and adjustable front visor
- bonnet accommodates even the most jumbo rollers.
- Dual-looped stainless steel heating element w/multi-bladed fan.
- Temperature can adjust from 0 to 75℃,
- Timing Function Of 0~60 Minutes.
- Portable design with wheels for quickly & easily moving.
- Height adjustable knob with spring, Adjustable Height: min. 48″ – max.63″
- For best results, pre-heat dryer 30 min.
Home hood hairdryers save the day whether you are doing Wash and go Styles, Rollerset straightening, curl formers, Conditioning treatments, or diffuser effect or just looking for the best bonnet hood dryer for natural curly hair.
Still, aren’t sure which is best for you check out Bonnet vs Hood Dryers