I know it seems like everyone should know how to use a Hooded Dryer. But there are those who are discovering these beauties for the first time.
Nowadays Hood Dryers are re-emerging as a favorite for a whole new generation due in part to the Natural Hair Movement.
We assume you already bought the best hooded hair dryer for you.
We will also explain how amperage can affect your dyers’ operation.
Tabletop Hard Bonnet Hooded Dryers
2. Unlatch the sides
4. If you are having a problem fitting under this dryer. If want the dryer to sit higher use a higher table or use a lower chair.
6. The base may also need to be weighted down so the hood doesn’t tip over while in use.
What’s the difference between amps, volts, and watts?
Think of electricity as water flowing through a pipe. Amps are the volume of water flowing through the pipe. The water pressure is the voltage. Watts is the horsepower electricity (water) can provide (like when water was used to power mills).
Electricity is the flow (like water) of electrons through a conductor like a wire. The rate at which electricity flows is measured in amps. What makes the current flow? In our water analogy, we could say a battery would be the pump that makes the water flow which creates pressure in the pipe. The pressure is the voltage. And as we said before the watts are the power the water could provide (like to a mill wheel). The watt is a measure of how much power is released each second.- newelectric
15 amps x 120 volts = 1800 watts. You can only load up to 80% of the stated rating for long periods. A 15 AMP circuit will technically not even hold a 1500- watt hairdryer. –milestoneelectricdfw.com
Why does Amperage matter?
This damage was done by an 1875 watt hooded hairdryer plugged into a regular household outlet. The lack of sufficient power caused the wires to heat up and melt the plastic plug and outlet. A potential fire hazard.
Freestanding Hooded Hair Dryers
1. On average hooded dryers weigh 15-25 lbs
2. Rolling dryers come with 4 or 5 caster wheels for easy maneuvering.
3. Some assembling is required when purchasing a new dryer. However, it is NOT complicated and should take 5-10 minutes to put together. SEE the user manual for your model
So using a hair net is recommended.
Dryer controls are:
- Heat control may be simple 3 or 4 levels of heat or a graduated temperature control
Some have a 30-60 min timer and others have NO timer at all.