Here’s what your ideal blow dryer should have:
- Diffuser – For those who have curly hair, then you will definitely want to buy a blow-dryer that comes with a diffuser as it gives the hair more volume. In this category, you may want to have a look at T3 Veloce Tourmaline Dryer or the Conair Infiniti Pro Salon Performance.
- Comb attachment – Having a comb attachment can be very convenient as you will no longer need to use a separate comb to style your hair. Make sure to choose a dryer that comes with a comb that glides smoothly through your hair.
- Cord – A retractable cord is very convenient because is enables you to style your hair without the struggle of whether the power cord can reach a certain length. You have more flexibility and room, and also make storing your dryer easy.
- Thin nozzle – Generally, Dryers equipped with either non-nozzle or nozzle air flow systems. The Nano Titanium by Babyliss Pro comes with a classic style nozzle is one of the most popular in this category.
- Low EMF – Nowadays, more and more women are worried about EMF, electromagnetic field. If you tend to use your dryer daily or frequently, then choosing a dryer with low EMF is a must. The CHI TOUCH SCREEN is one good example. Most CHI products have low EMF levels.
- Quick drying – Quick drying is a must-have feature for busy women. You may want to look at the Harry Josh Pro Tools PRO Dryer 2000 which is a bit pricey but does its job of drying your hair really quick. Check out the 3 Featherweight Professional Hair Dryer and BIO IONIC. Both of which have been reported to dry faster than regular dryers by at least 40% faster compared to leading brands.
- Dual Voltage – If you travel frequently, choose a dryer with dual voltage. Make sure to choose the best travel dryer with dual voltage that ill also suit your hair type. I highly recommend BaByliss Nano Titanium Travel Dryer to fit the job.
- Picks – The pick attachments help to add volume to hair starting at the root. Short hair only requires a short pick while longer hair uses a long version. Chances are many blow dryer sets include these in ranges.
Also read – best hair dryers under $50
What is the difference between ionic, ceramic, and tourmaline?
To help hair stay looking and feeling its healthiest, find a dryer that is a combination of each of these.
- Ionic – Ionic dryers help break down water molecules which allows hair t dry faster. This will also allow moisture to penetrate deeper so that you will dry your hair and still maintain moisture on the inside. Ions help neutralize positive charged ions in your hair, thus restoring shine and helping hair feel conditioned.
- Tourmaline – This type of dryer has a gemstone coasting which contains minerals that naturally rid of negative ions. Beauty scientists created blow dryers built with crushed tourmaline to coat the interior of the dryer. In recent tests, tourmaline blow dryers have proven to dry hair 40% faster than an ionic dryer.
- Ceramic – Ceramic dryers contain technology that helps dry the hair on both the inside and outside. The heat is mild so it doesn’t damage the hair. A ceramic dryer uses ceramic coils with superior heat conduction. This means the hair will dry evenly without any hot spots that can damage it.
Now that you know what kind of dryer you need, here’s a few things to consider before making your next purchase. First, how much time do you have to dry your hair?
Second, what is your hair texture?
Fine hair should forget the ionic and tourmaline dryers and opt for ceramic for the even heating without making fine hair turn flat. Curly hair should opt for tourmaline or ionic with attachments with high wattage.