Blow dryer bonnet attachments have been around for a long time
The bonnet dryer was introduced to consumers in 1951. This type worked by having the dryer, usually in a small portable box, connected to a tube that went into a bonnet with holes in it that could be placed on top of a person’s head. This worked by giving an even amount of heat to the whole head at once. -Wikipedia
The major benefit of these is size, price, and portability. The great thing about modern soft bonnet hair dryer attachments is they fit any brand and model of a handheld blow dryer.
To understand the pros and cons we need to compare Bonnet dryer vs hooded dryer
In this article, we will focus on some features you’re gonna want for your bonnet attachment. And some highly reviewed options.
Features to look for in your bonnet dryer attachment
Some cheaper brands may not include this feature. However, it makes for keeping it on your head a challenge especially if you are drying your hair naturally like a diffuser effect or doing a deep treatment.
This feature in combination with the chin strap is ideal. That way you have more options for using this attachment. Without it, the bonnet may fall off your head if you don’t use rollers or curlers.
When the hose is reinforced with a wire support, it ensures the hose won’t collapse blocking the heat and air creating a potential safety hazard.
Of course the longer the hose the more movement and freedom you will have while drying your hair.
5 top picks for blow dryer bonnet attachments
Bonnet Hood Hair Dryer Attachment -(Black) by Mifine
- Large hair dryer bonnet size to hold any hairstyle including rollers
- 40 inches hose
- Adjustable Buttons Drawstring and Chinstrap
- made with strategically placed holes to maximize heat distribution.
- Holding strap so the hose won’t slip off the hairdryer
- Has stretchable hose collar(4 inches wide) to fit any size handheld dryer.
- comes with a pouch for taking your home salon on all your trips.
Bonnet Hair Dryer Attachment-W/ 10 Silicone Hair Curlers by MBM
- EXTRA LARGE hood
- With an Adjustable Drawstring and Chinstrap
- blow dryer safety strap ensuring the hose stays attached to the blow dryer.
- extra-long 41inch hose
- EASY TO CLEAN:
- PU Coated nylon making the bonnet waterproof, making it great for conditioning without because it can be hand-washed. No need for an extra plastic shower cap.
- PU Coated Allowed you to create Even and Robust airflow and distribution; by strategically placing the holes.
- Included a Zipper travel bag
- 10 SILICONE HAIR CURLERS INCLUDED.
Bonnet Hood Hair Dryer Attachment by Granteva
ELEGANTY 2019 Upgraded Soft Bonnet Hood Hairdryer Attachment
- 41” reinforced flexible broad hose with an adjustable velcro strap.
- ONE SIZE THAT FITS ALL – adjustable drawstring and a chin strap.
- With every purchase of Elegantly soft bonnet hood, you will get a complimentary towel-texture headband. Protection that covers the neck, ears, and forehead to prevent heat and irritation.
- It comes with a storing and traveling pouch.
- Premium quality material with waterproof, high-quality thick sewing lines, easily
- hand washable
- 100% refund within 30 days – unconditionally and with no questions asked!
Soft bonnet attachments are for you if:
- You travel a lot,
- Don’t often use heat on your hair
- don’t want to make a big investment
- You are a struggling college student
- You can’t afford a standing hooded Hair Dryer or Hooded Hair Steamer
- You simply don’t have space.