Hooded hair dryers are a quintessential part of any salon and are necessary for a variety of processes. They both dry the hair and provides heat for chemical services.
In this article, we share some of our favorites from each of these categories. Also, what are Your best Salon-style options.
Essential Hood Dryer Features
When buying a hood dryer for your salon, consider the following features:
Salon hood hairdryers
Freestanding hood dryer w/casters
A rolling or standup salon dryer gives you the flexibility to move it around in the salon and use it with existing chairs. That is why this style is the most commonly used type of salon hood dryer.
Note on Hair Steamers
- A hair steamer does not dry the hair.
- It is for conditioning your hair, to avoid dry brittle hair.
- helps hydrate your natural curls for amazingly soft hair!!!
Wall-mounted or overhead salon dryersWall-mounted salon hair dryers are not portable but they free up floor space in your salon. Making them a great option when space is limited. They are helpful for avoiding potential trip hazards, and keeping the salon clean is a breeze.
- dries hair quickly and without damage
- Speeds up chemical processing up to 50%
- Infrared Ring orbits quietly
- Digital controls
- adjustment of time, temperature, fan & rotation
- 5 pre-set functions for every type of use
- High-quality &Heavy-duty construction for professional use
- fully adjustable arm and wall mount
- great for diffusing hair
- Cuts processing time in half
- “o3” O-Zone function helps restore dry, damaged, and thinning hair – as well as prevent hair loss.
- 5 independently controlled infrared heaters fans
- digital touch control
- Heats up faster than a regular hooded hairdryer
- Not claustrophobic like a regular hood
- 5-minute Cooldown fan for safety
Salon Hooded Dryers w/Chair
For more options like these read best sit under hooded dryers + chair
Portable Salon Dryers
A portable hood dryer is the best solution for mobile hairdressers as you can bring it along wherever you go. Typically these are lower in quality than the other options above so I would only go for this if your work requires you to be mobile.