Hooded hair dryers are a quintessential part of any salon and are necessary for a variety of processes. They both dry the hair and provides heat for chemical services.
Your best Salon-style options are stand up hood dryers, wall-mounted hairdryers, chairs with built-in dryer hoods, as well as portable salon dryers.
In this article, we share some of our favorites from each of these categories. Also, what are Your best Salon-style options?
Essential Hood Dryer Features
When buying a hood dryer for your salon, consider the following features:
- Customer service: Hooded salon hair dryers are a costly part of your salon startup costs. Since salon hood dryers used frequently can break from daily wear and tear. You will want to make sure you have excellent customer service with the product in case you run into issues.
- Adjustable heat and airspeed setting: Different hair types and services require different heat and airflow, so it’s crucial to have control.
- Ionic technology: It gives smoother and shinier results locking moisture into the hair and reducing frizz.
- Infrared: helps with faster drying times because it heats from within. Infrared light is vital since less heat and drying time is needed to attain results. Besides, there is also the therapeutic benefit of better scalp circulation that aids in growing thicker and healthier hair.
Salon Hood Hairdryers
Freestanding Hood Dryer w/casters
A rolling or standup salon dryer gives you the flexibility to move it around in the salon and use it with existing chairs. That is why this style is the most commonly used type of salon hood dryer.
1. Pibbs 514 Kwik Dri 1100W Salon Dryer
- Air circulates instead of blowing straight down for faster and more even drying.
- No adjustable airspeed, Hair Net recommended
- Not recommended for conditioning hair
- Adjustable temperature and timer with auto-shutoff.
- Extra-Large rollers will fit. the flip-top visor opens slide in and close
It always best to look for Top Rated Standup Hairdryers to ensure you get a quality product.
Note on Hair Steamers
- A hair steamer does not dry the hair.
- It is for conditioning your hair, to avoid dry brittle hair.
- helps hydrate your natural curls for amazingly soft hair!!!
Wall-Mounted or Overhead Salon Dryers
Wall-mounted salon hair dryers are not portable but they free up floor space in your salon. Making them a great option when space is limited. They are helpful for avoiding potential trip hazards, and keeping the salon clean is a breeze.
6. FDC Wall Mounted Salon Hair Dryer
No products found.
No products found.
- Timer: 0~60 minutes automatic shut-off
- Temperature: adjustable up to 167℉
- stainless steel heating element
- Flip Top Visor.
7. SalonPro Orbiting Halo Infrared Processor and Dryer
- Dries hair quickly and without damage
- Speeds up chemical processing up to 50%
- Infrared Ring orbits quietly
- Digital controls
- Adjustment of time, temperature, fan & rotation
- 5 pre-set functions for every type of use
- High-quality & Heavy-duty construction for professional use
- Fully adjustable arm and wall mount
9. SalonPro Multi-Zone + Hair Color Processor & Dryer
- Great for diffusing hair
- Cuts processing time in half
- "o3" O-Zone function helps restore dry, damaged, and thinning hair - as well as prevent hair loss.
- 5 independently controlled infrared heaters fans
- Digital touch control
- Heats up faster than a regular hooded hairdryer
- Not claustrophobic like a regular hood
- 5-minute Cooldown fan for safety
Portable Salon Dryers
A portable hood dryer also known as Hard Bonnet Tabletop Hooded Hair Dryers are typically the best solution for mobile hairdressers as you can bring it along wherever you go. Generaly they are lower in quality than the other options above so I would only go for this if your work requires you to be mobile.
Whichever salon-style hairdryer you are looking for there are many options for your type of salon setup and budget.