Helen of Troy introduced their first hair tools in 1975, providing salons with dryers and curling irons. Nowadays, the Helen of Troy brand has become a formidable manufacturer in the home and beauty sector.
Years ago, I remembered seeing hair tools with the ”Helen of Troy” name on them. In my investigation for this article, I discovered that many of our favorite budget brand tools are in fact owned by Helen of Troy. Their niche is the low cost alternatives to much higher priced tools.
Helen of troy brands include: Helen of troy, Revlon, Hot Tools, Bed Head, Pro Beauty Tools and Gold n’ Hot.
So our review will include the best of all of Helen of Troy brands.
Helen of Troy
This is a basic no frills hair dryer. One reviewer commented that the last one had lasted 40+ years.
This 1875w dryer comes with a finger diffuser. Negative Ion technology. Ceramic coated plates. Turbo and cool shot buttons. Ideal for curly hair.
Long-lasting professional quality motor. Tourmaline Ionic technology. Great for blowouts.
It’s PINK:) and Negative Ion technology
Best seller, Basic no frills, Priced for all, compact and comes in pink and yellow
Professional quality, but only a 6ft cord. Negative ion technology, 2 accessories included
2 accessories included
Professional quality, pik included, tourmaline on technology
Uniquely designed for curly hair.
Tourmaline and ceramic, designed for shine and volume.
Pro Beauty Tools
Professional quality, 2 accessories, negative ions, rubberized finish
Unique retro style, 1200w copper and ceramic, negative ion technology. Fits deva curl accessories.
Great for fine, and delicate hair
Gold N Hot
Great for traveling, straight hair, short hair, men’s grooming
Retro styling, pink attachment for straightening
No frills professional quality.
My Findings about Helen of Troy Hair Dryers
We have seen a lot of great hair Dryers. There are a few common factors with Helen of Troy brands.
- Dryers Priced for every budget 9-60 $USD
- Dryers For every hair type (straight, wavy, Curly, 4c, fine, thick, short or long)
- Helen of Troy loves to give you accessories (concentrator, diffuser, pink, comb)
- Variety of styles and features.
- Shorter Cord lengths average is 6ft, unless you opt for the pro version then you may get 8ft.
- Problems with Longevity. Some reviews indicated that the product may be short lived, but other factors possibly contributed.
- To better understand which features you may want to include in your Selection, checkout the article:
So if you are looking for a no frills hair dryer, compact and portable for traveling. If you are in beauty school and need a great reasonably priced hair dryer. You can surely find a Helen of Troy brand to fit your needs and budget.