HSI Professional a company based out of the Miami area. They deliver salon-quality flat irons and other styling tools as well as hair care to consumers from 47+ countries all over the world.
I am a big fan of Jason Makki, a talented barber stylist based out of Dubai. He sometimes uses the HSI Professional brand of Hair Straightener on his clients. However, if you think that black is just too manly, it also comes in PINK.
In this article, we answer:
What are the 6 Standard features on every HSI Professional Hair Straightener Flat Iron?
- Do any flat irons come with solid Ceramic or Titanium plates?
- Which is better, Dial or Digital heat control?
6 Standard features on every HSI Flat Iron
- Every HSI Professional Hair Straightener is backed by a 1yr Mfg. warranty
- 8 HeatBalance® microsensors (4 on each plate) regulate the temperature and evenly distribute heat so that fewer passes are required.
- Ionic with tourmaline-infused plates create negative-ions for frizz-free results.
- Floating Plates with beveled edges for snag-free styling
- Worldwide Dual Voltage
- 360 Swivel cord
The MOST popular HSI Professional Flat Iron
- HSI Professional Original Glider Ceramic Flat Iron Hair Straightener
- HSI Professional The Glider Titanium Hairstyling Flat Iron
- HSI Glider Gold Professional Flat Iron
- HSI Glider Elite Professional Flat Iron
- HSI Glider Plus Digital Flat Iron
- HSI PROFESSIONAL Glider MINI .5″ – TRAVEL-SIZE
- GLIDER STEAMER CERAMIC FLAT IRON
Detailed Review of HSI Professional Flat Irons
The real reason why people really like this iron is it has tons of features and is battle-tested, but it also comes at an affordable price, with a satisfaction guarantee and a 1-year warranty.
Temperature Range 140-450F
Dial Control for Temp.
Includes: Glove, Pouch, Argan Oil Sample
- No auto-shutoff
- Not show the actual temperature for better control
- May not get as hot as 450F for medium/thick hair
- This may be a result of improper technique, try using a regular fine-tooth comb held next to the iron all the way through to the end.
Other Great Hair Straighteners by HSI
- 1¼-inch plate width
- Temperature Range 200-450F
- solid titanium tourmaline plates
- advanced infrared heat technology
- Digital display
- 4 Button Control
– Temp +
– Temp –
– 450F : Just hold the power button for 3 seconds and it will heat up instantly.
- Included: Glove, travel bag
- ceramic plates
- Sleep Mode: It will go in sleep mode when you hold – button down, the display button will turn red and display 00. Hit the + button and it will display how long it will stay on before it goes to sleep again.
To see how well it works on 4c natural hair check out this video.
- 100% True Solid ceramic tourmaline plates
- Advanced infrared heat technology.
- Includes: heat glove, Argan oil, and pouch
- 4 Button Control
-450F : Just hold the button for 3 seconds and it will heat up instantly.
- Adjustable auto-shutoff: To set Hold the (-) button until it flashes then the (+) to set from 10-60 minutes.
- Sleep Mode: The iron lowers its temperature when it is not used but then returns to its normal mode. What you have to do is press the + button and then it will warm up again.
- Difficulty maintaining the set temperature. Cools Quickly
- 1” wide
- Superfast heating up
- Auto shutoff and safety sleep mode
- Steam on/off button
- Floating plates have curved edges with a grove down the middle (not solid flat plates)
- Water tank and release button located on the top side of the iron
- Infuses Argan Oil liquid into the hair
- Argan Oil and dropper included (this can be added to the tank instead of water)
- Only 2 heat settings either 360°F or 450°F
The main differences between these HSI Professional Flat Irons are:
- temperature range
- Dial vs. Digital heat control
- More expensive models are solid Ceramic or Titanium plates and not just coated.
My recommendation : if you can afford the digital heat control, buy it. Digitally controlled temperature settings on hair straighteners are more accurate and help you to use just the right amount of heat and not more.
So for fine or thin hair, choose the ones that start with the lower temperatures. Ceramic is better for fine or thin hair over the titanium model.
For Thick Hair, choose the Titanium model.